St. John's Cathedral, Thiruvalla

  | 12000

Backwater

97% of guests recommend

4.7 of 5 guest rating

based on 1535 reviews

Place Details

St. Francis Church, centuries old church at Fort Kochi was originally built completely of timber and later reconstructed in stone masonry. It was restored in 1779 by the Protestant Dutch, converted to an Anglican church by the British in 1795 and is at present governed by the Church of South India. Vasco Da Gama was buried here in 1524 before his remains were moved to Lisbon, Portugal. The tombstone still remains.

Place in this Category